Tuesday, October 09, 2007

No matter who wins in the playoffs, you and me, we're swappin wives

OK, this post actually has nothing to do with wife swapping, and I've likely just earned us no shortage of trolls. Truly, it's a quote from a very old Daily Show.

So I'm in this swap, coffeeswap three, which combines two great tastes which so long as one is not dunked in the other taste great together: coffee and yarn. My answers are here, and yes, I am fully aware that this is a co-op blog with 3 other people, 2 of whom have witnessed me pre coffee which is truly a horror no man nor woman should ever have to endure. I fully anticipate their snark in the comments.

1. Whole bean or ground? Whole.

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Leaded. High octane. Fully loaded. Sweet god, I shopped Ob/gyns until I found one willing to let me have a cup of coffee in the morning.

3. Regular or flavored? Regular

4. How do you drink your coffee? From an IV. No no no. Skim milk and sugar (sugar in the raw if I have it) from a giant 22 ounce mug.

5. Favorite coffee ever? Fair trade organic costa rican SHB.

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I'm a little fussy. We do go to defcon 1 if the fair trade bag is empty, and will press cheap beans into service. We have been known to ask Chicagoan friends to drug mule Stewarts ground down for us (beats the pants off of regular ground coffee). Chickory in my coffee is a crime against god and nature.

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Biscotti. Heavy on the chocolate and almonds.

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Please not a very very very dark roast.

9. Yarn/fiber you love? Alpaca. Wool-silk. Cashmere (hah! yarn snob!). I adore posh yarns, am growing increasingly besotted with sea silk and soy blends, and can't stop petting the handpainted sock yarn at the lys.

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Acrylic. Novelty yarns. Angora in quantity makes me sneeze

11. What's on your needles? A clapotis in regal silk (Artyarns), a diagonal lace wrap in silk rhapsody (artyarns), thuja socks in posh sophia sock weight, and a men's sweater in nashua creative chunk wool/alpaca is about to be started.

12. Favorite colors? Black, greys, browns, blues, purples. Think like a bruise or a smudge.

13. Allergies? Cats, olives, peppers, eggplant. Not that I think any of these things would be involved.

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? To whomever my pal is, thank you so much. (Angeltiger, Matilda, you pipe down. I'm being restrained here, on the 'need to get off of your chest' count. Be proud!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Hi, it's your coffee pal swap! Check your email for a note from me. :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Welcome to Knitter's Coffee Swap! I see fewer ways to welcome in the colder weather and longer nights than with coffee and knitting.

I agree with you on Ravelry...it is like going down Alice's rabbit hole and being overwhelmed with all the goodies available to wish for.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

::Fair trade organic costa rican SHB::

What is "SHB" stand for?

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home