Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This bodes ill.

I have these 2 cones of Habu (ok, really, I have 4. 2 of them are for the mystery stole. Shut up! One of the other two has a stainless steel core covered in silk. YOU WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT TOO.) Today I dutifully cast on for the gauge swatch.

And promptly fucked up.

Cast on again.

And promptly fucked up. Again. In exactly the same way. Because it turns out, mon petit dumbass that where a chart says 'yarnover' it means only 'do a yarnover' not 'do a yarnover AND knit a stitch'.

It's gonna be a looooong summer.

5 Comments:

Blogger ana said...

I think we may actually have to buy a whole new printer for this adventure, since ours is old and kind of sucky, and only used for printing Phil's expenses reimbursement forms. I don't give a shit if some evil expenses gnome has to suffer, and, in fact, given all the suffering they've inflicted on us over the years, I RELISH the thought of an evil expenses gnome's suffering, but I am desperately afraid of what our crappy old printer might do with these charts.

Also, I wish the postie would get here with my laceweight.

Courage!

5:20 AM  
Blogger jesst said...

4 cones of Habu? Ye gods, woman. I am not sure if you might not be crazier than me.

7:35 PM  
Blogger jesst said...

I should note, I say this as a woman about ready to buy another 15 skeins of Kureyon to make Lizard Ridge - which I am then planning to try to felt into a rug.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Sharpe said...

Well see, here's the logic.

2 cones of the fine merino for the MS3 stole.
1 cone silk stainless steel
1 cone additional merino to hold together with the silk stainless, for that arty weirdo thing i'll be doing.

SEE? Totally makes sense.

9:13 AM  
Blogger jesst said...

Logic? We don't need no stinkin' logic!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home